Friday 3 February 2012

Dragon Gaming: One page website


Dragon Gaming: My one page website

My one Page website is a gaming website, suitable for those with an interest in the subject. It includes many different aspects of gaming, including news, trailers, reviews, help and hints.

The target audience for my website is anyone who enjoys video games, be it playing, watching game videos, finding out about new releases and so on. The audience is met by including all of these things, meaning the website caters to a wide range of gamers, age groups and different genres.

I made my website browser compatible by testing it in different browsers, ensuring all the content displayed in the same places and the same manner. This means it can cover a wide range of Internet browsers, including Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet explorer and other browsers. This means anyone who is visiting the site will be able to view it, regardless of browser preference.

The content I have used all links in with the theme and subject of the site. My content includes, text, images, videos and social networking elements. All of the text is information on specific games and give brief information on a story with a link to the full article. All of the images are related to gaming too. Either screenshots of a new game, promotion shots for a review, or images related to an article in other manners. The videos again are linked to gaming. Most commonly they are trailers or review videos, showing gameplay.

There is no infringement of copyright as no adverts are on the page, meaning no money is made. If I intended to make money, many of the media sources would have to be checked against copyright. Copyright infringement occurs when a person makes money off someone else’s work.

My Photoshop deign has carried well to my website, as all of the main features have been maintained. The layout has been kept the same, as well as the background image and banners.  I am pleased that not many changes have had to be made, as I liked the design I had done in Photoshop, and it looks good as a functioning website.

There are many hyperlinks on my site. Many of them link to other sites with gaming related content. For example, there are links to preview videos, review pages, etc.  This ties in well with my theme and target audience.

The software I used was Photoshop for design, and Dreamweaver for web editing. Photoshop is a very useful program that allows you to edit images easily, with a number of different tools. Not only did I use Photoshop to build the final design, it was also used to- create many of the images on the site. This includes my banners and my background. Dreamweaver is a web-editing program, which allows you to build websites in HTML and in full visual design. It also allows you to code your website to function the way you want it to. It is a very useful piece of software.

The website was thoroughly tested to ensure it functioned correctly. This included browser tests (as aforementioned), Link tests and performance tests. Without proper testing, there is a possibility of problems, meaning the website may not display or function correctly.

I believe that my website is very good. It functions, looks and feels the way I intended it to. Although I experienced a few issues. Everything worked by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment