Wednesday 14 March 2012

Flash Banner

I have recently created a flash banner to be used in the place of my current 'Dragon Gaming' Header. This creates a moving header for my website. The benefits of a moving banner are that it creates a more interesting and engaging experience for visitors. This in turn, means that people are more likely to either spend more time on my website or revisit it.

The best way to make a flash banner is by first designing a static banner. For example the one I have created here:


Next, identify a piece of the design to animate. I chose the sunburst in the background. I then split the banner into different layers. The sunburst, the gradient, the logo and the text. I then started constructing it

The first thing to do was create the sunburst in inkscape. Like so:

Then, animate it using Flash to spin:

Then, you assemble the different layers of the banner:


This type of animation has very many different applications, including banners, adverts, media windows etc. This creates a sense of professionalism and a much more interesting website

No comments:

Post a Comment